WebMath: LiveMath

husch at math.utk.edu husch at math.utk.edu
Wed Nov 10 08:58:18 EST 1999

Hi-

I just downloaded and installed the LiveMath plug-in on my
WIndows NT 4.0 system in my office.  I use three different
browsers to check out how my materials appear in all three.  The
plug-in installation program found the plug-ins directory for each of
the browsers but it deleted the old mathview plug-in.

First, the Internet Explorer 5.0 browser could not find the plug-in.
The plug-in is in the plug-ins directory for the browser.  Can
someone tell me how you can find out what plug-ins are installed in
the Internet Explorer browser just as you can with Netscape by
clicking on the 'About Plug-ins' item on the Help menu? I suspect
that IE is looking in a different location than the plug-ins directory.

Second, you will not be able to view any of the MathView
notebooks which I have on my site as June listed below; at least I
couldn't.  I had used the default html tag given by the MathView
program which uses the pluginspage option; for some reason, this
tag switches you from the page containing the MathView notebook
to the LiveMath site.  If I delete that tag or change the reference on
the pluginspage to www.livemath.com then you can see my page.
I am going to have to change this for all my MathView notebooks.

Thirdly, the size of the notebooks has been changed; fortunately,
with the new plug-in the size is smaller.

Best,
Larry