[Webmath] A user-firendly MathML authoring language

David Carlisle davidc at nag.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 09:43:19 EDT 2010

On 16/07/2010 03:16, Andrew Robbins wrote:
> Christian Lerch wrote:
>>
>> 1. An online demonstration facility
>> at http://km-works.eu/mathel-interactive/ you can use to
>> test-drive MathEL's capabilities (please use Firefox!!!)
>> 2. A mathematics-enabled wiki at http://km-works.eu/mathel-wiki/
>>
> I tried going to these websites as well, but I got " " errors.

originally, or after you submitted an expression/ (the page seemed to
work for me)

  This
> indicates that the page has XML entities in it which are not declared. I
> believe the reason why this is happening is that both documents are
> declared as "XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0" which uses a poorly constructed
> DTD without any HTML entities... I'm not sure if this is MathEL's fault
> or W3C's fault...

That comment seems odd, the w3c distributed xhtml+mathml dtd does of
course define the html entities, although actually it doesn't matter
much in firefox what the standard dtd says as firefox never loads an
external dtd. It will, given certain constraints on the input document,
recognise a mathml document and load the mathml.dtd that it installs
locally as the browser is installed, that mostly defines the same entity
names as the standard dtd (but with different definitions)

> Regards,
>
> Andrew Robbins

David