WebMath: New Product -- Design Science MathPlayer 1.0 Released

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Thu Sep 12 10:57:08 EDT 2002

Dear Math on the Web Enthusiasts:

After a few months in public beta, Design Science announces the release of
MathPlayer 1.0, which enables mathematicians, educators, and scientists to
present web content with high-quality display and interaction of
mathematics in Microsoft's Internet Explorer for Windows web browser.

Together with the Mozilla/Netscape browsers and their built-in MathML
support, and the Universal MathML Style Sheet now available at the W3C Math
site (http://www.w3.org/Math), the availability of MathPlayer makes MathML
a viable and useful vehicle for putting math on the web. MathML
(Mathematical Markup Language) is a recommendation of the World Wide Web
Consortium (W3C) for representing mathematics. MathML can be combined with
HTML to enable display of math in web pages. For more information on
MathML, see http://www.w3.org/Math.

Design Science is making MathPlayer available for free download (in
exchange for an email address only) in order to help ensure the success of
MathML in the marketplace. We also offer products that aid in the creation
of MathML content:

MathType --- the professional version of the Equation Editor that comes
with Microsoft Office includes our MathPage technology for converting a
Word document containing math to a web page with MathML.

WebEQ --- our collection of software tools for adding dynamic math to web
pages, including our WebEQ Editor for authoring MathML and WebEQ Input
Control for enabling math input in web pages.

Visit our web site at http://www.dessci.com to learn more about these products.

The press release detailing the release of MathPlayer 1.0 is available on
our web site:
<http://www.dessci.com/company/press/releases/sept02.stm>.

Bruce Virga
VP, Sales & Marketing

email: brucev at dessci.com
phone: 562-433-0685
http://www.dessci.com

Design Science, Inc.
"How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, Equation Editor, TeXaide