WebMath: MathPlayer 1.0 now available for free download

June Lester jalester at cecm.sfu.ca
Fri Sep 6 15:03:38 EDT 2002

>From the Design Science site

<http://www.dessci.com/webmath/mathplayer/>

"MathPlayer 1.0
Now available for free download!!!

MathPlayer is a high-performance MathML display engine for Microsoft's
Internet Explorer web browser. It requires Internet Explorer for Windows
version 5.5 and later. We are making MathPlayer available for free in order
to accelerate the adoption of MathML in the math, science, and education
communities."

Re a Mac version:

"If Microsoft chooses to implement Behaviors in some future version of
Macintosh Internet Explorer, we would be happy to provide a Macintosh
version of MathPlayer. Although we have begged them to provide these
enhancements, if you want to see a Macintosh version of MathPlayer, we
encourage you to contact Microsoft yourself."