WebMath: New Mathwright Library and Cafe

James White mathwrig at gte.net
Thu Feb 1 19:06:57 EST 2001

Dear Paul,

	Please take a look at the New Library.  The new installer lets you choose
any installation directory or drive you want, and will not create multiple
directories.  In fact, many of the aging features at the previous site have
been replaced.  As far as applets are concerned, we have developed a Java 2
(Swing) Applet version of Mathwright called Lava.  It is available for
viewing at the site.  You won't find many applets out there that do the
sprite animated simulations that Mathwright does.  For example, let me know
if you find one that plays 4x4x4 Tic-Tac-Toe using OpenGL graphics and a
game board that you can rotate, translate and fly through in real-time using
16 million colors.  My point is that applets, even Lava, are limited for
rather obvious reasons.  There is nothing like an application running on the
user machine for real-time simulations or sophisticated computer algebra.

													Jim