WebMath: Looking for a bell curve

Alan Cooper acooper at langara.bc.ca
Sat Oct 28 13:09:07 EDT 2000

Hi Robin,
    Is      http://davidmlane.com/hyperstat/z_table.html
the kind of thing you are looking for?
    (I found it from  http://members.aol.com/johnp71/javastat.html
which looks like a pretty good general stats resource site and may have
other links to what you want if this isn't it)

    In general, with regard to using JAVA applets without actually
writing them there are basically two ways to go:

- One is just to link to the author's web page from the appropriate
point in your material (and by using frames this can be done so that the
linked page appears like a window surrounded by your own material). This
is easiest, and also in a way most in keeping with the original intent
and spirit of the web.

- Secondly, if the applet appears embedded in a longer page, then you
may want to embed just the applet itself in your own page. This can be
done either by copying the class or jar file, or I believe by
referencing its url in your applet tag. In either case, if you are
displaying the applet out of context you may want to ask the author's
permission before doing so.

cheers,
            Alan

--
Alan Cooper (acooper at langara.bc.ca , http://www.langara.bc.ca/~acooper)
Dep't of Mathematics and Statistics (http://www.langara.bc.ca/mathstats)

Langara College        (http://www.langara.bc.ca )
100 W 49th Ave. Vancouver BC
Canada    V5Y2Z6       Tel(604)323-5676,Fax(604)323-5555