WebMath: Web-based Differential Equations

Larry Husch husch at math.utk.edu
Mon Jul 10 07:10:44 EDT 2000

Stuart-

I have been working several years on calculus web pages (see
http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual.calculus/ ).  I have used a variety
of technologies including techexplorer.

Starting this month, I am doing a major revision of this site. I am
planning to put materials into four formats: techexplorer, hoteqn, webeq
and flash.  Currently there are samples of each of these except webeq on my
calculus pages.  I also use LiveMath (formerly known as MathView).

I like techexplorer especially the professional version.  However, there
are limitations on the programming parts in the version that I have - it
won't work with Internet Explorer.  I have been told that this has been
fixed in the new version.

I have gotten very good feedback from students on these materials. The
current version of the materials are supplementary materials for a
calculus course.  The revisions that I am making are to make it into an
online course.

I keep a list of online courses in the Topics of Mathematics section of
the Math Archives (http://archives.math.utk.edu/topics/) I have just
recently completed a project and a large list of links will be added to
that collection.

Best,
Larry
Larry Husch                phone: 423-974-4162    fax: 423-974-6576
Mathematics Department     http://www.math.utk.edu/~husch
University of Tennessee    Co-Director, Mathematics Archives
Knoxville, TN 37996-1300   http://archives.math.utk.edu/