WebMath: LP

Julian Hall jajhall at ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 06:22:25 EST 1999

Wiley

> I am looking for a web-based application (is that the right word?)
> which would let a student input the initial simplex matrix for an LP
> problem and would return the final simplex matrix. Any suggestions
> for obtaining this?

Have a look at

http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/LP-Explorer/

It doesn't allow a student to do quite what you want---unless the student leans
to use a little HTML---but if a resource which just performs the simplex
iterations were too easily available, some students would never do it for
themselves and so fail to master the method.

Julian
--
Dr. J. A. Julian Hall, Lecturer, Department of Maths and Stats,
University of Edinburgh, JCMB, King's Buildings, EDINBURGH, EH9 3JZ, UK.
Room: 6221   Phone: [+44](131) 650 5075   Email: jajhall at ed.ac.uk
Fax: [+44](131) 650 6553   Web: http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/hall