WebMath: Using Math ML to build web pages.

Stan Devitt jsdevitt at home.com
Mon Aug 16 22:55:10 EDT 1999

Hi,
As one of the members of the MathML working group I'll take on the
task of pointing you at some of the emerging and existing technologies.

There are a number of choices as to how to proceed.

A good starting place for information on how to generate and
view MathML is the MathML newsletter that has been started by
Geometry Technologies.
(see http://www.webeq.com/webeq/feature/newsletter.html )
Of particular note in the current newsletter is the update on progress
by the Mozilla group on incorporating MathML into browsers.

For direct editing you want to take a look at WebEQ and MathType4.0

You should also take a look at new developments in techexplorer:
http://www.software.ibm.com/network/techexplorer/  for rendering
and the support for found in Mathematica 4.0

There are also a number of tex to mathml conversion tools starting
to emerge.  The MathML working group should be updating its
resources page in the next little while and I will keep you posted.
http://www.w3.org/Math/

jsdevitt at ibm.net
phone: (519)729-2365
fax: (519)729-0159