WebMath: TtH

Gisele Glosser info at mathgoodies.com
Sat Jul 24 18:39:56 EDT 1999

June,

I find that IE does not cooperate.  I also have a Mac (and Windows 95).

Here is some info which may be helpful (from the Math Forum Newsletter).
I hope this helps,

Gisele

MATHEMATICAL MARKUP LANGUAGE - MATHML

  MathML is an application for describing mathematical
  expression structure and content. Its goal is to serve,
  receive, and process mathematics on the Web, just as HTML
  has enabled this functionality for text. A number of groups
  are working on its implementation. For progress reports and
  other information, visit:

  - Mathematical Markup Language (MathML): W3C Recommendation
    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-MathML/
     from the World Wide Web Consortium: about interactions
     between MathML content and presentation tags, how MathML
     renderers might be implemented and should interact with
     browsers, and MathML entities (extended characters) and
     their relation to fonts

  - MathML Information Center - Geometry Technologies, Inc.
    http://www.webeq.com/mathml/
     an extensive resource list, sample documents, and a
     Web-based discussion group for MathML developers.
     Includes A Gentle Introduction to MathML:
     http://www.webeq.com/mathml/gitmml/

     Also from Geometry Technologies: WebEQ: Putting Math on
     the Web - a suite of Java applets that allow Web authors
     to include mathematics in their pages:
     http://www.webeq.com/webeq/

  - MathML: Mathematical Markup Language - Pankaj Kamthan,
    Computational Mathematics Lab., Concordia Univ., Canada
    http://indy.cs.concordia.ca/mathml/main.html
     a comprehensive source of information about MathML, with
     links to authoring tools; mailing lists and usenet groups;
     companies and organizations supporting MathML;
     documentation; information on the history and possible
     future of MathML; examples and applications;
     interoperability; information on links in MathML code and
     its syntax in general; news; lists of compilers, editors,
     renderers, and translators; and other Web resources

  - MathML - What's In It For Us? - Janus Boye
    http://irt.org/articles/js081/
     an article presenting a brief history of the standard;
     descriptions of the elements and attributes, tokens and
     basic layout schemata, and containers; a demo of MathML
     in a browser; the EzMath plug-in; the future of MathML;
     Web references; and content and presentation element
     reference tables

--