WebMath: Introduction

Greig Fratus gfratus at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Thu Jul 22 06:38:51 EDT 1999

My name is Greig Fratus and I am the information officer with CTI
Mathematics which is based in the School of Mathematics and
Statistics at the University of Birmingham in the UK.

CTI stands for Computers and Technology in Instruction. It was set
up to provide support to UK Higher Education institutions who
teach mathematics. Our website is http://www.bham.ac.uk/ctimath

Past issues of our newsletter can be found on this site. The
newsletter contains reviews and articles concerning technology and
the teaching of mathematics. We also maintain an online database
of mathematical courseware. Suggestions for courseware to
include or review are most welcome, as is general feedback.

One project that developed with some help from CTI Mathematics
is the Mathwise project. This is a CD to assist with the teaching of
mathematics. Details of this can be found at
http://www.bham.ac.uk/mathwise/

Thank you,

Greig