[cmath] Nexus 2021 Data Science Conference

Adam Clay Adam.Clay at umanitoba.ca
Thu May 13 09:10:42 EDT 2021

Dear friends, colleagues and members of the mathematical community:

Data Science Nexus at the University of Manitoba is excited to share the details of our upcoming virtual data science conference. Taking place May 19-21, Nexus 2021: Bridging Academia and Industry aims to bring researchers, industry representatives and students together to talk about recent developments in data science.

The conference opens with a panel of statisticians from Statistics Canada, presenting their work on the Covid pandemic over the past year. This is followed by three thematic days: Digital Agriculture and Conservation, Public Health, and Transportation and Logistics. For each theme, we have four fantastic speakers lined up for the mornings. In the afternoon the students will present their data challenge results in a virtual poster session, and participants will be able interact with each other as well as with representatives from Canada-wide universities and industry. Each day will wrap up with the results of the student data challenge.

For more information about the program and registration, please visit our website here:

https://sci.umanitoba.ca/data-science-nexus/2021-nexus/

Registration is open. We'd be very happy if you can join us! Please also feel free to share this information with your friends and colleagues.

Thanks,
Adam Clay
Co-chair, Organizing Committee