[cmath] Call for submissions - BIRS MSCF "Cut to the chase" contest

BIRS Facilitator birs-facilitator at birs.ca
Thu Mar 4 15:20:57 EST 2021

BIRS <http://www.birs.ca/> is hosting a video contest “Cut to the Chase <https://careerandinnovationhubdotca.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/call-for-submissions-cih-22cut-to-the-chase22-competition.pdf>” as part of our upcoming Math Science Career Fair <https://careerandinnovationhub.ca/march-18-20-2020-career-fair/>.

This contest is open to all undergraduate and graduate students who specialize in the mathematical sciences. It is not necessary to be registered for the career fair <https://careerandinnovationhub.ca/march-18-20-2020-career-fair/> in order to enter the contest.

Students are asked to submit a 2 - 2.5 minute video clip that answers the following questions:

a) Who are you?
b) What do you work on?
c) What motivates you?
d) What ideas and methods do you get excited about?

For an example, please watch this example video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUBFm4W4WbQ&feature=youtu.be> by CIH committee member Dr. Thomas Hillen.

Submissions will be accepted up until 12pm (MST) on March 17th, 2021.

The top 3 videos, as determined by our expert panel of judges, will receive e-gift cards valued up to $100 CAD.

For more information please read the attached “call for submissions” .pdf. If you have questions about the contest please e-mail birs-facilitator at birs.ca

Best regards,

Jake Posacki
BIRS Station Facilitator