[cmath] Tenure-Track Position in Algebra - University of Saskatchewan

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Wed Dec 9 14:18:29 EST 2020

    Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics,
    University of Saskatchewan

    Tenure-track; Specializing in ALGEBRA

The Department of Mathematics and Statistics in the College of Arts and
Science at the University of Saskatchewan invites applications for a
tenure-track position in the area of Algebra at the Assistant Professor
level effective July 1, 2021. Applicants must have a doctoral degree in
Mathematics or a closely related discipline.

The Department is seeking candidates with a record of academic
accomplishments in Algebra and the promise of further research
productivity.  The candidate will be expected to develop a vigorous
research program that complements the Department’s existing research
activities. The successful candidate should also have a record of
effective teaching, particularly at the undergraduate level.  For more
information on the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and its
research and training activities, see
http://artsandscience.usask.ca/math/ <http://artsandscience.usask.ca/math/>.

The College of Arts and Science offers a dynamic combination of programs
in the fine arts, humanities, the social sciences, and the sciences.
There are over 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students in the College
and 312 faculty, including 10 Canada Research Chairs. The College
emphasizes student and faculty research, scholarly and artistic work,
interdisciplinary programs, community outreach and international
opportunities.

The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6
Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. The University of Saskatchewan
is located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, a city with a diverse and
thriving economic base, a vibrant arts community and a full range of
leisure opportunities. The University has a reputation for excellence in
teaching, research and scholarly activities and offers a full range of
undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs to a student
population of over 25,000.

Information about the University, the College, the Department and the
city of Saskatoon can be found at www.usask.ca <https://www.usask.ca>,
http://tourismsaskatoon.com <http://tourismsaskatoon.com> and
http://www.downtownsaskatoon.com <http://www.downtownsaskatoon.com>.

*Qualifications:*

A doctoral degree in Mathematics or a closely related discipline.

*Salary Bands (July 1, 2021 – July 30, 2022):*

Assistant Professor $98,178 (floor) to $117,978 (CDI ceiling)

*Benefits:*

This position comes with a comprehensive benefits package which includes
pension plan, life insurance (compulsory and voluntary), sick leave,
travel insurance, death benefit, dental plan, extended health and vision
care plan, employee assistance program, and flexible health and wellness
spending program.

*Application Procedure:*

Application material for the position must be submitted online through
MathJobs (https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/16881
<https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/16881>). It should include a cover
letter, a curriculum vitae, a research statement, a teaching dossier,
the AMS Standard Cover Sheet, and at least three letters of reference
submitted directly by the writers, one of which should include detailed
comments on the teaching abilities of the applicant.

Due to federal immigration requirements, we also ask candidates to
indicate whether they are Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or are
otherwise already authorized to work at this position for the duration
of the appointment, with an explanation if this last category is indicated.

Review of applications will begin *January 18, 2021*; however,
applications will be accepted and evaluated until the position is
filled.  The anticipated start date is *July 1, 2021*.

*Additional inquiries may be sent by email to: *
mathstat_search at math.usask.ca <mailto:mathstat_search at math.usask.ca>

/The University believes equity, diversity, and inclusion strengthen the
community and enhance excellence, innovation and creativity. We are
dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and
learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply;
however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, Canadian
citizens and permanent residents will be given priority./

/We are committed to providing accommodations to those with a disability
or medical necessity. If you require an accommodation in order to
participate in the recruitment process, please notify us and we will
work together on the accommodation request./

*/The University of Saskatchewan’s main campus is situated on Treaty 6
Territory and the Homeland of the Métis. We pay our respects to the
First Nations and Métis ancestors of this place and reaffirm our
relationship with one another. Together, we are uplifting Indigenization
to a place of prominence at the University of Saskatchewan.

/*

This employment posting is among those listed in the Careers section of
the CMS website:
https://cms.math.ca/careers <https://cms.math.ca/careers>