ICMI Study 15 and future studies

Eric Muller emuller at spartan.ac.brocku.ca
Sat Apr 3 14:40:02 EST 2004

I am forwarding to you information sent by Bernard Hodgson,
Secretary-General of ICMI -- Secrétaire général de la CIEM. It contains
details for the 15th ICMI Study and announcements about the next two Studies.
Eric Muller

>Dear ICMI Representatives,
>
>this note is to inform you that the Discussion Document for Study 15 is
>now available as a PDF file on the website
>
>http://www-personal.umich.edu/~dball/icmistudy15.html
>
>(Those who prefer to have this DD as a Word document should contact me
>directly.)
>
>The theme of Study 15 is "The Professional Education and Development of
>Teachers of Mathematics" and the International Programme Committee is
>co-chaired by Deborah Ball and Ruhama Even, whose e-mail addresses you
>will find in CC above.
>
>Please note that the deadline for submitting proposals to the Study
>Conference is OCTOBER 15, 2004, while the Study Conference will take place
>in Brazil on May 15-21, 2005.  I would thus invite you to disseminate
>information about this Study as soon as possible.
>
>A brief comment about the following two Studies.
>
>--   Study 16 on "Challenging Mathematics in and beyond the Classroom"
>The IPC met last November in Italy and the Discussion Document is due to
>appear within a few months.  The co-chairs of the Study are Ed Barbeau
>(barbeau at math.toronto.edu) and Peter Taylor (pjt at olympiad.org).
>
>--   Study 17 on "Technology (revisited) in Mathematics Education"
>The IPC will be meeting in London at the end of this month.  The co-chairs
>are Celia Hoyles (c.hoyles at ioe.ac.uk) and Jean-Baptiste
>Lagrange(jb.lagrange at reims.iufm.fr).
>
>The related two Study conferences are both expected to take place in 2006.
>
>Best regards to all,
>
>Bernard
>
>--

>Bernard R. Hodgson
>Secretary-General of ICMI -- Secrétaire général de la CIEM
>(International Commission on Mathematical Instruction /
>Commission internationale de l'enseignement mathématique)
>Département de mathématiques et de statistique
>Université Laval   Québec   G1K 7P4   Canada
>Téléphone : +1 418 656 2131, poste 2975
>Télécopie : +1 418 656 2817
>Courriel : bhodgson at mat.ulaval.ca

Eric Muller, Professor of Mathematics and Education
Fellow of the Fields Institute
Department of Mathematics
Brock University
St Catharines, ON       phone:- 905 688 5550 ext. 1 3297
L2S 3A1                 fax:- 905 682 9020
email:- emuller at spartan.ac.brocku.ca
url:- http://www.brocku.ca/mathematics/people/muller/