[cmath] CMS Winter Meeting 2008, December 6-8, Ottawa

Graham Wright meetings at cms.math.ca
Sun Oct 5 22:39:30 EDT 2008

*CMS Winter Meeting 2008*

*December 6 - 8, Ottawa, Ontario*

*www.cms.math.ca <http://www.cms.math.ca/>*

On behalf of Carleton University <http://www.carleton.ca>, the School of
Mathematics and Statistics invites the mathematical community to the CMS
Winter Meeting 2008 <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/>. The
program will include eleven plenary, prize and public lectures, and a
wide variety of sessions, including a Contributed Paper session.

All scientific talks and social activities will take place at the
*Ottawa Marriott Hotel, *located at 100 Kent Street, Ottawa.

The Welcome Reception is held on Friday, December 5 at 20:00 at the
Marriott Hotel. It will be preceeded by a public lecture presented by
Patrick Hayden (McGill). The Banquet takes place on Saturday, December
6. Admission to the reception is included in the registration fee,
tickets for the banquet are available at $60 each.

The CMS Committee for Women in Mathematics is organizing the 4^th
workshop of *Connecting Women in Mathematics Across Canada* (CWiMAC 2008
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/cwimac2008/>). The purpose of the CWiMAC
workshops is to support the career development of junior female
academics in the Canadian mathematics community. CWiMAC 2008 will take
place at the University of Ottawa on December 4 and 5, 2008.

Early Bird Registration
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/registration> -- Deadline:
October 15

To qualify for the discounted Early Bird registration fee, the
registration form and payment have to be received by the deadline. After
this date, the registration fees increase by approximately 30%.

Accommodation <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/accommodation> --
Deadline: November 4

We have secured discounted rates at the Ottawa Marriott Hotel.

All meeting participants who complete their hotel booking at the
Marriott Hotel by October 31 will be entered into a draw for the
following prizes:

·         One complimentary Sunday Brunch for two in the Merlot Rooftop
Grill

·         One complimentary Dinner for two in the Toulouse Restaurant

·         One complimentary one night weekend stay at the Marriott Hotel

Student Subsidies
<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter08/student_subsidy> - We encourage
the participation of students at the Meeting. Towards this, we are
allocating funds to help defray the cost of travel and accommodation for
graduate students and post-doctoral fellows.

We look forward to welcoming you in Ottawa!

Graham Wright

Dr. Graham P. Wright
CMS Executive Director
Tel: 613-562-5800 ext 3528