[Webmath] Conference Announcement: I2GEO 2010 (Czech Republic, July 2-3, 2010)

Ulrich Kortenkamp kortenkamp at cinderella.de
Thu Feb 18 09:14:24 EST 2010

[ Apologies for duplicate postings * Please redistribute ]

A PDF version of this Announcement is available at
http://cermat.org/i2geo2010/downloads/files/I2GEO2010-CfP-v2.pdf

      Interactive Interoperable Geometry Conference I2GEO 2010

                    http://cermat.org/i2geo2010

        Hluboká nad Vltavou, Czech Republic, July 2-3, 2010
Follow-up conference of CADGME 2010 * http://www.pf.jcu.cz/cadgme2010

CALL FOR PAPERS AND WORKSHOPS

We are announcing I2GEO 2010 in Hluboká nad Vltavou (Czech Republic), a conference that will enable the Interactive Geometry community to gather, share and enrich content for mathematics education. We invite all people interested in interactive (or dynamic) geometry, teachers, researchers and technology providers, to join us for this exciting event.

I2GEO 2010 will take place immediately after CADGME 2010, the Conference on Computer Algebra and Dynamic Geometry in Mathematics Education. You find more info about CADGME at its conference website http://www.pf.jcu.cz/cadgme2010 .

A declared goal of the Intergeo Project was to enable the mathematics education community – teachers, researchers and learners – to take over the project and to self-sustain it. This conference and the associated proceedings are one building block of this goal.

Conference Topics
=================

The conference will be arranged around three important themes of Interoperable Interactive Geometry: Structural Aspects, Technology, and Quality Assessment. This includes, but is not restricted to, contributions to the following fields. All contributions are eligible for the Best Paper Award.

Each of the sections will include a keynote presentation by a member of the Intergeo project.

Structural Aspects
Keynote: Paul Libbrecht & Colette Laborde

* Ontologies for Mathematics Education
* Formalization of Curricula
* Cross-Cultural Aspects of Mathematics Education
* Classification by Topics vs. Classification by Competencies
* Searching and Organizing Mathematical Content
* Metadata for Mathematical Resources and Activitites
* Knowledge Management in Mathematics Education

Technology
Keynote: Yves Kreis & Ulrich Kortenkamp

* Formal Descriptions of Constructions, Exercises and other Digital Content in Mathematics
* Data Exchange in Mathematics and Mathematics Education
* Comparison of Interactive Geometry Tools
* Mathematics Education and Social Networks/Web 2.0
* Integration of Digital Content in the Classroom
* Innovative Uses of ICT in Teaching Mathematics

Quality Assessment
Keynote: Christian Mercat & Tomas Recio

* Quality Criteria for Interactive Mathematics Content
* Standards for Quality Assessment of Educational Content
* Best Practices and Case Studies on Using Interactive Geometry in the Classroom
* Identification of Critical Features of Electronic Content that Create Added Value
* Teacher Education and Life-Long Learning
* Educational Research based on the Quality Framework of Intergeo

Content submissions

As a fourth topic we also invite contributions to the Intergeo platform http://i2geo.net. All interactive content submitted can be submitted as a Content Contribution and is eligible for the Best Content Award.

Conference Dates
================

The Conference will take place from July 2–3, 2010, immediately after CADGME 2010, in Hluboká nad Vltavou, Czech Republic.

December 15, 2009 – First Announcement
January 15, 2010 – Second Announcement
May 31, 2010 – Discounted registration
June 1st, 2010 – End of pre-registration

Submission Deadlines

Paper and workshop acceptance will be based on the submitted abstracts. In order to participate in the best paper award, a full version of the paper has to be submitted before the conference. Final versions that may include modifications based on conference feedback are due six weeks after the conference.

March 31, 2010 – Abstract submissions
May 31, 2010 – Acceptance notifications
June 15, 2010 – Final programme
June 18, 2010 – Submission of full papers
September 15, 2010 – Submission of final papers

Content for the Best Content Award has to be submitted before the conference. You may submit content for the Best Content Award without participating in the conference. All submissions for the award should be done as regular content submissions on thei2geo.net platform and should include i2geo2010 as keywords.

June 18, 2010 – Last submission date for Best Content Award

Conference Proceedings

Online Proceedings

The proceedings of the conference will be available online. All papers will be peer-reviewed.

Journal Issue (ZDM)

In addition to the online proceedings of the conference there will also be a special issue of the ZDM - The International Journal of Mathematics Education, edited by Colette Laborde, IMAG, and Ulrich Kortenkamp, PH Karlsruhe/CERMAT. This ZDM issue will contain selected high-quality papers from the conference and invited papers by internationally known experts in the field. All papers will be refereed according to the rules of ZDM.

Further Information