WebMath: Please support MathML in Netscape

June Lester jalester at cecm.sfu.ca
Wed May 15 22:43:47 EDT 2002

WebMathers -

When I started this list a few years back, it was with the anticipation
that, in a relatively short time, we'd have MathML implemented in browsers
and we'd all be busy generating all sorts of interesting mathematical
content for the web.  Needless to say, it's taking a tad longer than
expected (a big tad), but between the efforts of the Design Science folks
with IE and the Mozilla MathML folks on the other side, it looks like we
may finally be getting somewhere.

The present issue:  Netscape is considering whether or not to include
support for MathML in the next release, and is soliciting opinions.  Robert
Miner has mad a post explaining the background of this issue at
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2002May/0007.html>. Please
read the post and then send your opinion to Dave Barrowman at Netscape
<mailto:barrowma at netscape.com>.  And then cross your fingers, and turn
around three times, and ...

Cheers

June