(Fwd) Re: WebMath: Fwd: Math on the Web: A Status Report

Paul Topping PaulT at dessci.com
Tue Jul 10 16:02:02 EDT 2001

Hi,

In our upcoming MathPlayer plugin for MSIE, we have gone to some lengths to
try to avoid the line spacing problem discussed here. It would be hard for
me to say whether the fraction example would or would not mess up line
spacing because it can depend on point sizes, font choices, etc. But we are
aware of the problem and have taken steps to avoid it.

I think I pointed out how well MathPlayer did in this regard in my demo at
last year's MathML Conference, but I'm not sure if anyone understood my
point ;-).

Paul

Paul Topping                     email: pault at dessci.com
                                 phone: 562-433-0685
Design Science, Inc.             http://www.dessci.com
"How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, Equation Editor, TeXaide