WebMath: 2D Function Grapher

Stuart Price stu at maths.warwick.ac.uk
Wed Jul 26 07:14:17 EDT 2000

> In the past, our online courses have pointed our students at the 2D
> function grapher found at http://www.math.usu.edu/matti but we'd like to
> move to something that we could install on our server for use in
> courses.

	There are several approaches here that I am aware of. Firstly,
Java applets (for example
	http://www.pa.uky.edu/~phy211/graph_applets/plot_graph.html
is one) - these are easily found through search engines, and many authors
are happy for their applets to be used on other sites.

	Secondly, I can't remember the URL off-hand, but it made use of Maple.
The web page contained a form in which the user entered an equation (the
example I found was for differential equations). Then a server-side script
took over and, via Maple, returned a solution plot. If you are interested
in this, then I'll try to find the URL for you.

Regards,
	Stu

+--