WebMath: Request for info

Robert Miner rminer at geomtech.com
Wed Jul 5 16:13:46 EDT 2000

Hello all,

The internationalization folks at W3C have asked the Math group to
investigate the use of right to left math notation in RtL languages
such as Arabic.  We have written to our friends and colleages, but we
haven't been very successful in getting useful answers -- various
people have offered second hand opinions that at the lower levels,
math is in fact sometimes written RtL, but we have only been able to
get a copy of a single document showing this, and it was a little
suspect, since it was higher-level and mixed RtL and LtR layout.

Does anyone on this list have experience with RtL math equations?
Does anyone know some lower-grade math teachers in Arabic or Hebrew
speaking schools whom we could ask about what they do?

Thanks,

--Robert

Robert Miner                          http://www.webeq.com
Geometry Technologies, Inc.           email: rminer at geomtech.com
W3C Math Working Group                phone: 651-223-2884