WebMath: Web-based Differential Equations

Stephen M. Hunt steve at imath.org
Tue Jul 4 19:01:10 EDT 2000

iMath includes a Web editor with support for math - including differential
equations.  So instead of using Dreamweaver for web pages and Scientific
Notebook for math documents, you can just create a web page with math
(MathML).  So, in iMath all the content is maintained as Web pages.

iMath enables the web pages to be published directly or stored, as well as
sent to others like email and discussed collaboratively.  Getting these
capabilities in a single environment improves the efficiency with which
instructors can author and maintain their course, and it creates new
learning opportunities for students.

With these capabilities you can use the Internet as the mode of making
available your notes and work items.  Student's can edit your notes and add
their own notes.  Answers to worksheet questions can be composed inline with
the questions and then sent to the instructor, who can grade the worksheet
again inline and return it to the student.

iMath also provides structured protocols for managing the submission of
graded work and maintenance of a gradebook.

You can get iMath free at http://www.imath.net.  There is a link to a
Beginning Algebra course run by Barb Gentry at Parkland that illustrates how
iMath is being used.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Steve