WebMath: Putting "graph"-ics on the Web

June Lester jalester at cecm.sfu.ca
Mon Feb 28 22:01:30 EST 2000

Neil - I'm developing a Calc I course, with *lots* of graphs.  I'm using
LiveMath to make them - quick, intuitive and easy <www.livemath.com>.  You
can export to EPS or PICT - since I'm making PDF files, I export to EPS and
modify things like axes, grid colour and even the shape of the graph in
Illustrator.  Before I learned to hate Word (don't ask - "pernickety" is a
gross understatement!), I was using its drawing features to modify the
graphs (there's a particular combination of settings I don't remember at
the moment that lets you import a LiveMath graph as a Word picture which
can be ungrouped into separate grid lines, curves, etc.)  I've been using
MathType to do the labels and other annotations - works well, especially
with drag and drop.

If you want more info, let me know.

June