WebMath: Heuristics for cryptarithm solution

David K Smith D.K.Smith at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Feb 21 03:59:09 EST 2000

Have you looked at Steven Kahan's three books?
Have some sums to solve
At Last! Encoded totals, second addition.
Take a look at a good book

where

Have+ some +sums +to =solve
At+ Last!+ Encoded+ totals,+ second= addition.
Take+ a +look+ at+ a+ good= book

which present such problems and discuss their solution.
available from Baywood http://baywood.com

David Smith
Dr David K Smith, School of Mathematical Sciences, University of Exeter,
Exeter, Devon, UK
email:D.K.Smith at exeter.ac.uk
My homepage has now moved to:
http://www.maths.ex.ac.uk/staff/DKSmith/HomePage.html
I imagine that were we to meet, we would disagree on many points. However, I
like to think that we would be united in what matters – a love for God, a
respect for truth and a passion for words. You were indeed a remarkable
pilgrim. (Terry Waite, in his Millennium Letter to John Bunyan)