WebMath: A question - and request for recommendation.

Pam Bishop bishopp at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 9 05:10:50 EST 1999

Robby at orst.edu writes:
> IE5, on the other hand, does contain the needed XML support but is not yet
> able to display MathML without a plug-in.

This sounds really useful.  Can you tell us how to obtain the plug-in?

To Robin Susanto: I would recommend the use of PDF files until there is native
support for MathML in Netscape and Internet Explorer.  PDF files can be created
using Adobe Acrobat from Latex files, or from wordprocessed or DTP files
containing MathType graphic files for the equations.  I publish a newsletter in
printed and electronic form using the latter method, and there is an example at
http://www.bham.ac.uk/ctimath/reviews/aug98/mathcad.pdf

Pam Bishop

CTI Mathematics                         ctimath at bham.ac.uk
School of Mathematics and Statistics
The University of Birmingham            tel 0121-414 7095
Birmingham  B15 2TT                     fax 0121-414 3389

One of 24 CTI subject centres working to encourage the use of
computers for teaching and learning in Higher Education.  Our
Web pages can be found at http://www.bham.ac.uk/ctimath/