WebMath: compilation

Larry Husch husch at math.utk.edu
Tue Oct 12 06:32:33 EDT 1999

Debbie-

Very nice compilation!  I would like to add another package:

HotEqn from the Virtual Control Lab
(http://www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/VCLab/software/HotEqn/HotEqn.html)

It's a java applet which will render TEX.  One nice feature is that you
can interface this with javascript to randomly generate problems on the
web.  See

http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual.calculus/2/definition.9/index.html

for an example.  The only problem is that it is slow.

Also- the IBM TechExplorer is available as a part of the Maple Explorer
(from Maplesoft); the Maple Explorer interfaces the browser with the
Maple program also.  Both will render MathML.

You can also interface TechExplorer (the professional version) with
javascript as like the example above.  See

http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual.calculus/2/definition.9/index-te.html

You will need to have the professional version installed to view this
page.

Best,
Larry
Larry Husch                phone: 423-974-4162    fax: 423-974-6576
Mathematics Department     http://www.math.utk.edu/~husch
University of Tennessee    Co-Director, Mathematics Archives
Knoxville, TN 37996-1300   http://archives.math.utk.edu/