WebMath: TtH

AYoung1919 at aol.com AYoung1919 at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 06:16:04 EDT 1999

In a message dated 7/24/99  10:26:17PM, you write:

<< June,

 I find that IE does not cooperate.  I also have a Mac (and Windows 95).

 Here is some info which may be helpful (from the Math Forum Newsletter).
 I hope this helps,

 Gisele >>
There is an alternative to TtH and that is TexToHTML (I don't have the URL to
hand because I am not at home but I think CTAN do an FTP copy).  This
conversion utility will work on all platforms because it converts all TeX
mathematical notaion into GIF files.  The problems then start however, every
bit of notation needs an image making the page large and difficult to
manipulate - still quite affective.  Back to TtH, it uses higher end ASCII
characters to display notation, all you need to do is change your character
set (Mac users I can't speak for, but I think the idea is much the same) You
want to change the set for high end ASCII (non-standard) sets and things will
run fine.  Perhaps people might think of upgrading to IE 5 which I think has
dealt with this problem and also allows saving of entire web pages with their
images intact.  If you want to try this out have a look at my site and see if
you can view my Molien's Theorem dissertation:

http://members.aol.com/ayoung1919/AEY_Maths.htm

There is also a link to my research proposal which deals precisely with the
nature of this list.

Regards,

Andrew