[grad-students] New math web forum for students and groups

Jenna G. Tichon jtichon at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 01:55:53 EDT 2006

Hi!
My name is Jenna and I'm writing as a representative from the Student Committee (Studc) of the Canadian Mathematics Society (CMS) to tell you about an exciting project that has just been launched this weekend. This summer while attending the CUMC at McGill I had overwhelming feedback from student group leaders that students at their universities felt isolated and wanted a way to communicate with other math students.  To help address that we've created an internet bulletin at http://www.studc.com/forum to connect students across the country. It's a place where student groups can share ideas for activities and fundraising. Where individual students can ask questions, learn about scholarships, grad school, and conferences. There's a section for any thing math related and it's an excellent way to meet your fellow math students. We are just starting out so the membership is currently small but I sincerely hope you'll visit the site, make some posts and keep coming back as the
 site grow. And by all means, please pass on this information to other math students and advertise this at your unversities. The more people who get involved, the better it will be and it will become an invaluable resource to Canadian math students.
Please check it out and I look forward to meeting you on the forum!
-Jenna G. Tichon
Representative to the CMS Student Committee
Studc Web Forum Adminstrator