[cmath] Postdoctoral positions in Mathematics - Aarhus University

Xinxin Z itassist at cms.math.ca
Tue Feb 13 12:07:32 EST 2024

Aarhus University

The Department of Mathematics <https://math.au.dk/en> at Aarhus
University <https://international.au.dk/>, Denmark, a top 100
university, is seeking top early-career researchers for a number of
attractive two to three year postdoctoral positions within Mathematics.

The positions have June 1st 2024 as earliest possible start date.

There are postdoc positions available in the areas listed here:
https://math.au.dk/en/about/vacancies/postdoc/

When applying, you will be asked to indicate, which – if any – of the
areas listed on the page above are of interest to you. The list includes
positions covering functional analysis, inverse problems, complex
geometry, and automorphic forms. The list may be updated with new areas
up until the deadline for application.

As a successful candidate you are expected to:

  * shine in individual and collaborative research,
  * either to assist groups of bachelor’s students in doing homework or
  * co-teach advanced courses relevant for your research area.

The Department of Mathematics, the city of Aarhus as well as Denmark can
offer the successful candidate:

  * a positive and international work environment with a flat hierarchy,
  * a competitive salary, starting at DKK 34,400 and DKK 38,300 (euro
    approx. 4,620 – 5,140) + pension between DKK 5,800 and DKK
    6.550 (euro approx. 790 – 875) per month – all listed amounts are
    before taxes are calculated.
  * universal health insurance as a resident of Denmark, including
    family members officially residing in Denmark.

The applicants may upload up to ten key publications with the
application. While the assessment committee will evaluate the overall
scientific achievements of all shortlisted candidates, the committee can
only be expected to look into individual scientific results amongst
those contained in publications submitted with the application.

      *Contact information*

The relevant person to contact is listed in each position, which can be
found _here <https://math.au.dk/en/about/vacancies/postdoc/>_

      *Place of work*

Place of employment is Aarhus University, and place of work is
Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Ny Munkegade
118, 8000 Aarhus C.

      *Application procedure*

Shortlisting is used. This means that after the deadline for
applications – and with the assistance from the assessment committee
chairman, and the appointment committee if necessary, – the head of
department selects the candidates to be evaluated. All applicants will
be notified whether or not their applications have been sent to an
expert assessment committee for evaluation. The selected applicants will
be informed about the composition of the committee, and each applicant
is given the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that
concerns him/her self. Once the recruitment process is completed a final
letter of rejection is sent to the deselected applicants.

      *Letter of reference*

If you want a referee to upload a letter of reference on your behalf,
please state the referee’s contact information when you submit your
application. We strongly recommend that you make an agreement with the
person in question before you enter the referee’s contact information,
and that you ensure that the referee has enough time to write the letter
of reference before the application deadline. Unfortunately, it is not
possible to ensure that letters of reference received after the
application deadline will be taken into consideration.

      *Formalities and salary range*

Natural Sciences refers to the Ministerial Order on the Appointment of
Academic Staff at Danish Universities under the Danish Ministry of
Science, Technology and Innovation
<https://international.au.dk/fileadmin/Bekendtgoerelse_nr__242_af_a3__MARTS_2012_-_ENGELSK_UDGAVE.pdf>.

The application must be in English and include a curriculum vitae,
degree certificate, a complete list of publications, a statement of
future research plans and information about research activities,
teaching portfolio and verified information on previous teaching
experience (if any). Guidelines for applicants can be found _here.
<https://nat.au.dk/en/about-the-faculty/vacant-positions-and-career/guidelines-and-rules/>_

Appointment shall be in accordance with the collective labour agreement
between the Danish Ministry of Taxation and the Danish Confederation of
Professional Associations. Further information on qualification
requirements and job content may be found in the _Memorandum on Job
Structure for Academic Staff at Danish Universities
<https://medarbejdere.au.dk/fileadmin/www.medarbejdere.au.dk/hr/Rekruttering/Onboarding/Ministerial_Order_no._1443_of_11_December_2019_on_Job_Structure_for_Academic_Staff_at_Universities.pdf>._

Salary depends on seniority as agreed between the Danish Ministry of
Taxation and the Confederation of Professional Associations.

Aarhus University’s ambition is to be an attractive and inspiring
workplace for all and to foster a culture in which each individual has
opportunities to thrive, achieve and develop. We view equality and
diversity as assets, and we welcome all applicants.

Research activities will be evaluated in relation to actual research
time. Thus, we encourage applicants to specify periods of leave without
research activities, in order to be able to subtract these periods from
the span of the scientific career during the evaluation of scientific
productivity.

Aarhus University offers a broad variety of services for international
researchers and accompanying families, including relocation service and
career counselling to expat partners. Read more here
<https://internationalstaff.au.dk/relocationservice/>. Please find more
information about entering and working in Denmark here
<http://international.au.dk/research/>.

Aarhus University also offers a Junior Researcher Development Programme
targeted at career development for postdocs at AU. You can read more
about it here
<http://talent.au.dk/junior-researcher-development-programme/>.

At the Faculty of Natural Science at Aarhus University, we strive to
support our scientific staff in their career development. We focus on
competency development and career clarification and want to make your
opportunities transparent. On our website
<https://nat.au.dk/en/about-the-faculty/career>, you can find
information on all types of scientific positions, as well as the entry
criteria we use when assessing candidates. You can also read more about
how we can assist you in your career planning and development.

/The application must be submitted via Aarhus University’s recruitment
system, which can be accessed under the job advertisement on Aarhus
University’s website./

      *Aarhus **University*

/Aarhus University is an academically diverse and research-intensive
university with a strong commitment to high-quality research and
education and the development of society nationally and globally. The
university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to/
/its 38,000 students (FTEs) and 8,300 employees, and has an annual
revenues of EUR 935 million. Learn more at/ /www.international.au.dk/
<http://www.international.au.dk/>/

*Deadline:*
*Academic contact person:*
Andreas Basse-O’Connor
Professor
basse at math.au.dk
+4587155752
*Vacant positions:*
3
*Hours per week:*
37
*Expected date of accession:*

This employment posting is among those listed in the Careers section of
the CMS website:
https://cms.math.ca/careers