[cmath] Fields Institute, Director

Xinxin Z itassist at cms.math.ca
Tue Feb 6 14:49:27 EST 2024

Fields Institute

The Fields Institute, a renowned hub for the advancement of mathematical
sciences, is embarking on the search for a new Director who will serve
as the executive and scientific leader. The Director plays a pivotal
role in promoting the Institute’s vision, enhancing its global
leadership position in mathematical sciences, promoting Equity,
Diversity, and Inclusion, and executing strategic initiatives across all
operational domains.
The Director’s primary responsibility is to cultivate an on‐going,
scientific strategic vision aligning with the Institute’s goal of being
a global leader in mathematical sciences. This includes developing plans
to maintain and enhance the Institute’s position and overseeing their
execution upon approval by the Board. The Institute’s multifaceted
activities encompass Fundamental Research, Training & Outreach, IP & Job
Generation for Ontario, and the Mathematics and Global Impact Centre
(MAGIC). As its chief executive, the Director is tasked with operational
leadership and administrative prowess to ensure the Institute’s smooth
operation. Strong multitasking abilities, adaptability in ambiguous
environments, and effective delegation are essential. Additionally, the
Director serves as the chief liaison between the Institute and the Board
of Directors. The Director is also the chief spokesperson for the
Institute’s wide-ranging partnerships, including Principal Sponsoring
Universities, the private sector, Affiliate Universities, Federal and
Provincial Agencies, Canadian and International Mathematical
Organizations, and other Scientific Institutes. Building and maintaining
these relationships are critical for the Institute’s success.
The next Director of the Fields Institute must be a dynamic and
visionary leader with a strong background in mathematical sciences, an
innate talent for cultivating and diversifying funding sources, and
Inclusion, and the ability to strategically guide the Institute toward
continued global prominence. The ideal candidate should possess
scientific acumen, operational expertise, and excellent communication
skills to foster partnerships and drive the Institute’s eminence in an
evolving mathematical landscape.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, detailing how you
would fulfill the role description and personal specification
tohttps://apptrkr.com/4996704quoting reference*7138*. The deadline for
applications is*March 15th Noon Eastern Time*.
The selection committee will review together all candidates’
applications and agree on a longlist for the role. Longlisted candidates
will be invited to discuss the position with Perrett Laver in greater
detail. The selection committee will subsequently meet to decide upon a
final shortlist to be invited to the formal interview stage.
The Fields Institute is committed to creating an inclusive environment
for mathematical research, that actively supports and welcomes the
participation of women, young researchers, and underrepresented groups
in all our programs. We have joined with the NSF and major institutes in
the US in a coordinated effort to promote diversity in science. We
regularly provide support for underrepresented groups to participate in
events at partner institutes. Here at Fields, the organizers for all our
scientific events are encouraged to make every effort to include members
of these diverse groups as co-organizers, invited speakers, and
participants. Diversity is well represented at the Fields Institute by
its staff, Board of Directors, and Scientific Advisory Panel.
Protecting your personal data is of the upmost importance to Perrett
Laver and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information
obtained by our trading divisions is held and processed in accordance
with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us
with is securely stored on our computerized database and transferred to
our clients for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or
considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.
Perrett Laver is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, as defined
under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our legal basis for
much of our data processing activity is ‘Legitimate Interests’. You have
the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more
information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection
and Privacy, please see
ourhttps://www.perrettlaver.com/information/privacy/.

This employment posting is among those listed in the Careers section of
the CMS website:
https://cms.math.ca/careers