[cmath] Statistics Tenure Stream Positions - University of Toronto Scarborough

Xinxin Z itassist at cms.math.ca
Thu Dec 14 16:43:24 EST 2023

University of Toronto Scarborough

The Department ofComputer and Mathematical Sciencesat the University of
Toronto Scarborough (UTSC) invites applications for full-timetenure
streamappointments, with an expected start date of July 1, 2024, or
shortly thereafter.

This search aligns with the University’s commitment to strategically and
proactively promote diversity among our community members (_Statement on
Equity, Diversity & Excellence_
<https://governingcouncil.utoronto.ca/secretariat/policies/equity-diversity-and-excellence-statement-december-14-2006>).Recognizing
that Black, Indigenous, and other Racialized communities have
experienced inequities that have developed historically and are ongoing,
we strongly welcome and encourage candidates from those communities to
apply.

In addition, the University of Toronto Scarborough is implementing
its_Strategic Plan: Inspiring Inclusive Excellence
<https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/principal/sites/utsc.utoronto.ca.principal/files/docs/UTSC%20Strategic%20Plan%202020.pdf>_.
Consistent with the values and objectives in that plan, we especially
welcome candidates who self-identify as Indigenous or those who have
lived experience in Black or other racialized (persons of colour)
communities. The University is partnering with BIPOC Executive Search.
Those seeking more information and guidance during the application
process can email Candice Frederick or Jason Murray
at_cfrederick at bipocsearch.com <mailto:cfrederick at bipocsearch.com>_.

For a full description of each position, including application
instructions, please see the links below:

*1.**Assistant Professor – Statistics*

Candidates must have a PhD in Statistics, or a closely relatedarea by
the timeof the appointment or shortly thereafter, with a demonstrated
record of excellence in research and teaching.
Application link:_https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/26878
<https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/26878>_

*2.**Associate Professor / Professor – Statistics*

Candidates must have a PhD in Statistics, or a closely relatedarea, with
a clearly demonstrated outstanding record of excellence in research and
teaching.
Application link:_https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/26879
<https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/26879>_

We seek exceptional candidates whose research and teaching interests
complement and strengthen our existing_departmental strengths
<https://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/cms/statistics>_.

Salaries and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

All applications materials, including reference letters, must be
received by*January 18, 2024*.Applications must be submitted online as
detailed in each posting.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

*Diversity Statement*

The University of Toronto embraces Diversity and is building a culture
of belonging that increases our capacity to effectively address and
serve the interests of our global community. We strongly encourage
applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons,
women, persons with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual and
gender identities. We value applicants who have demonstrated a
commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that
diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise are essential
to strengthening our academic mission.

*Accessibility Statement*

The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and
proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our
values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering
commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission.

The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our
recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as
possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with
disabilities.

If you require any accommodations at any point during the application
and hiring process, please contact_uoft.careers at utoronto.ca
<mailto:uoft.careers at utoronto.ca>_.

This employment posting is among those listed in the Careers section of
the CMS website:
https://cms.math.ca/careers