[cmath] Associate Professor – Pure Mathematics - University of Toronto

Xinxin Z itassist at cms.math.ca
Wed Oct 4 11:29:26 EDT 2023

University of Toronto

The Department of Mathematics in the Faculty of Arts & Science at the
University of Toronto invites applications for up to two full-time
tenure stream positions in the area of Pure Mathematics. The
appointments will be at the rank of Associate Professor, with an
anticipated start date of *July 1, 2024* or shortly thereafter.

Applicants must have earned a PhD degree in Mathematics or a related
area by the time of appointment, with a demonstrated record of
exceptional excellence in research and teaching. Candidates must provide
evidence of research excellence which can be demonstrated by a record of
sustained and impactful contributions; sustained publications in top
ranked mathematics journals; presentations at significant conferences;
the submitted research statement; distinguished awards and accolades;
other noteworthy activities that contribute to the visibility and
prominence of the discipline, and exceptionally strong endorsements by
referees of top international stature.

Evidence of excellence in teaching will be provided through teaching
accomplishments; strong letters of reference; and the teaching dossier,
including a teaching statement, sample course materials, and strong
teaching evaluations submitted as part of the application. Candidates
are also expected to show evidence of commitment to equity, diversity,
and inclusion, and to the promotion of a respectful and collegial
learning and working environment demonstrated through application materials.

The University of Toronto is an international leader in Mathematics
research and education and we seek exceptional candidates whose research
and teaching interests complement and enhance our existing departmental
strengths <https://www.mathematics.utoronto.ca/>. The successful
candidate will have an established international reputation and will be
expected to sustain and lead innovative and independent research at the
highest international level and to maintain an outstanding, competitive,
and externally funded research program.

Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Application material for the position must be submitted online through
Mathjobs https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/23279. It must include the
candidate’s cover letter; a current curriculum vitae; a list of
publications; a research statement; a teaching dossier which includes a
teaching statement, sample course materials, and teaching evaluations; a
statement of contributions to equity and diversity (as outlined below);
the AMS Standard Cover Sheet; and at least four letters of reference (on
letterhead, dated, and signed) uploaded to MathJobs directly by the
writers, including at least one primarily addressing the candidate’s
teaching.

We seek candidates who value diversity and whose research, teaching, and
service bear out of our commitment to equity. Candidates are therefore
also asked to submit a 1- to 2-page statement of contributions to equity
and diversity, which might cover topics such as (but not limited to):
research or teaching that incorporates a focus on underrepresented
communities, the development of inclusive pedagogies, or the mentoring
of students from underrepresented groups.

All application materials, including reference letters, must be received
by the closing date *November 6, 2023*.

For questions about this position, please contact:
mathjobs at math.utoronto.ca.

*Caution:* This ad is “posted only” to the U of T faculty job board.
Please see the information above for the application instructions.
Applications submitted via the U of T platform will NOT be considered
for this position.

All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and
permanent residents will be given priority.

*Diversity Statement*
The University of Toronto embraces Diversity and is building a culture
of belonging that increases our capacity to effectively address and
serve the interests of our global community. We strongly encourage
applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons,
women, persons with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual and
gender identities. We value applicants who have demonstrated a
commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that
diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise are essential
to strengthening our academic mission.

*Accessibility Statement*
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and
proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our
values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering
commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission.

The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for
Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our
recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as
possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with
disabilities.

If you require any accommodations at any point during the application
and hiring process, please contactuoft.careers at utoronto.ca.

https://jobs.utoronto.ca/job/Toronto-Associate-Professor-Pure-Mathematics-ON/574536417/

This employment posting is among those listed in the Careers section of
the CMS website:
https://cms.math.ca/careers