[cmath] [IMU AO CL 21/2022] Registration for the virtual ICM 2022 is open!

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Thu Jun 2 14:46:39 EDT 2022

VIRTUAL ICM 2022. Message from the International Mathematical Union

Registration for the virtual ICM 2022 is now open!  The link for
registration is given below. Participation is free of charge and open to
all, but does require prior registration.

As you will recall,  the ICM 2022 will take place as a fully virtual
congress between 6–14 July 2022.  The program will essentially
run 9:00–18:00 CEST every day. All speakers have been given the option
of either giving a live or prerecorded talk. As of now, about 2/3 of the
talks will be given live. At the opening day, the plenary talks of the
Fields Medalists and the IMU Abacus Medalist will be given in front of a
live audience in Helsinki, Finland.

We are under severe time constraints, and the fully functional platform
for the ICM is scheduled to be ready only one week before the opening of
the ICM.  Once you register, you will get a confirmation that you have
registered, and the program will soon be available on the platform. In
the meantime, you can continue to visit icm2022.org
<https://www.mathunion.org/icm/virtual-icm-2022> for an overview of the
schedule. You can register for the virtual ICM 2022 via this link
<https://react.regasus.de/portal/init?mnemonic=ICM22Profile>. Both
registration and participation are free of charge, but there is a limit
on the number of attendees, so early registration is recommended.

I would also like to remind you that the IMU Award Ceremony 2022 will
take place live in Helsinki on 5 July, and it will be streamed on the
IMU website <https://www.mathunion.org/icm/imu-award-ceremony-2022>. No
registration is needed here.

Please distribute this information in your community.
We look forward to “seeing” you at the virtual ICM 2022!

--

Alan Kelm
Manager, Electronic Services

Please consider the environment.