[cmath] Postdoctoral Position - University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)

Alan Kelm akelm at cms.math.ca
Fri May 6 12:12:15 EDT 2022

    Postdoctoral Position at UNBC

A postdoctoral position in the area of partial differential equations
(PDE)  and related fields is available at the University of Northern
British Columbia <https://www2.unbc.ca/> (UNBC), under the supervision
of Dr. Mohammad El Smaily
<https://www2.unbc.ca/people/el-smaily-dr-mohammad>.

This is a one year position. The location is at the UNBC main campus in
Prince George, BC. The start date is July 1, 2022, although there is
some flexibility to accommodate the successful candidate’s schedule.

The successful applicant will work with Dr. Mohammad El Smaily at UNBC’s
main campus in Prince George, BC. The ideal candidate is a
mathematically talented and original researcher, with interests varying
from analysis to optimization. The candidate should have a strong
background in nonlinear PDE (especially reaction-diffusion equations
and/or systems) and an aptitude for learning about related new fields.

Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent in mathematics or closely
related areas or expect to receive one by Summer 2022. Appointment as a
Postdoctoral Fellow typically requires a PhD obtained in 2018 or later.
This position is open to individuals of any nationality.

The annual salary will be 48000 (CAD), for duties including *research*
and teaching *one* mathematics course per year.

The funding for this position is mainly from the supervisor’s NSERC
Discovery Grant. We have a strong commitment to equity, diversity and
inclusion. We strive to build an open and inclusive community. We
strongly encourage people from historically underrepresented groups to
apply for this position.

Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
*Applicants must apply by email sent to Dr. Mohammad El Smaily at
smaily at unbc.ca. Applications should include:*

  * A cover letter outlining their fit for the position.
  * A research statement.
  * A teaching statement.
  * A curriculum vitae.
  * A publication list.
  * Two confidential letters of reference about the research potential
    of the applicant.

Further questions about the application and the position can be
addressed to Dr. M. El Smaily smaily at unbc.ca.

This employment posting is among those listed in the Careers section of
the CMS website:
https://cms.math.ca/careers