[cmath] Strategic Researcher in Mathematics and Computing - Tutte Institute for Mathematics and Computing

Thomson, David G. David.Thomson at cse-cst.gc.ca
Wed Sep 22 14:34:43 EDT 2021

UNCLASSIFIED / NON CLASSIFIÉ

The Tutte Institute for Mathematics and Computing (TIMC) is seeking highly qualified candidates to fill multiple research positions. Our desire is to fill at least one position with a focus in computational statistics, but applicants from all areas of mathematics (including, but not limited to, number theory, algebra, algebraic geometry, combinatorics) and related disciplines are welcome. Our intent is to offer one-year term positions, eligible for renewal. Exceptional candidates may be considered for indeterminate appointment. As employees, successful candidates will also be eligible as internal candidates for future positions.

The Tutte Institute for Mathematics and Computing is a division of the Research arm of the Communications Security Establishment (CSE). CSE is Canada's national cryptologic agency, and houses the Canadian Centre for Cyber Security, Canada's national hub for cyber defense. TIMC is focused on research in fundamental mathematics and computer science, with concentrations in data science and cryptology, to support CSE's strategic goals.

As a research institute situated within the Canadian Government, the environment at TIMC is both professional and collegial. Our members work on a variety of challenges in mathematics and computer science of importance to the Government of Canada. Our members employ a variety of methods to solve problems: at times, proving deep mathematical theory and at other times utilizing the latest computational resources. A strong candidate will display the ability to adapt their focus to suit the problem at hand.

Obtaining and maintaining a Government of Canada Top Secret security clearance is a requirement of employment at TIMC. This poster is open to Canadian citizens. The start date is flexible, but we anticipate that a typical applicant will begin around fall 2022. Note that the security screening process can take up to one year.

CSE is committed to the principle of equity in employment. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of Canadians and to creating an open and inclusive workplace. We encourage you to voluntarily indicate if you are part of one of the groups targeted by employment equity: women, Indigenous people, people with disabilities (including people with learning disabilities, development, or any other type of disability) and members of visible minorities.

Compensation & Benefits: Positions may be offered at the UNI-08 ($83,250-$97,942) or UNI-09 ($89,304-$105,060) level and are eligible for an additional market allowance (UNI-08: $11,000.62 or UNI-09: $12,103.35). Exceptional candidates may be considered at the UNI-10 level ($100,484-$118,217 + $13,838 market allowance). Other benefits include excellent defined benefit pension plan, public service health and dental plans and supplemental life insurance.

The application is a two-step process:

(1) Fill your "General Profile" on the CSE Careers page by clicking this link (https://jobs-emplois.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/tutte-institute-mathematics-and-computing-strategic-researcher), searching for the TIMC Researcher job poster and clicking "APPLY". -ADDITIONALLY-

(2) submit a cover letter (indicating your interest in a position at TIMC as well as how you meet the criteria in the poster), a CV, a research statement and two (2) letters of reference demonstrating your research expertise through the Mathjobs.org website, available https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/2752/18234/.

For full consideration, applications should be received by November 30, 2021.

Please direct any questions regarding the position to the TIMC Program Coordinator at Tutte.info at cse-cst.gc.ca<mailto:Tutte.info at cse-cst.gc.ca>.