[cmath] [IMU AO CL 6/2021] Further information regarding travel grants for ICM 2022

Denise Charron mpagent at cms.math.ca
Fri Mar 26 09:39:49 EDT 2021

To:  The Adhering Organizations of the International Mathematical Union
(IMU)

Dear colleagues,

I refer to CL 5/2021 regarding travel grants for the ICM 2022. I am
writing to provide additional information

regarding the Kovalevskaya Grants, which constitute a novel type of grant.

*The Kovalevskaya Grants* will cover the congress fee and local expenses
for up to 1,000 early career
mathematicians from developed countries, on the condition that their
home country undertakes the selection of
recipients and covers their travel. Specifically, the grants cover the
registration fee, accommodation, and meals
for the duration of the congress. Several mathematical societies
have already confirmed their participation.
We encourage you as Adhering Organizations to contact the local
organizers at <funding at icm2022.org <mailto:funding at icm2022.org>> about
organizing this in your country.

Finally, please note that the organizers have extended the deadline for
applications for the *Chebyshev Grants *
(targeted for developing countries) to 31 May
2021, with applications received before this date being given
priority.

Please refer to the website https://icm2022.org/grants
<https://icm2022.org/grants>  where the latest information
will appear regarding the procedure for all grants available for the ICM
2022.

Regards
Helge Holden
Prof. Helge Holden
Secretary General of the International Mathematical Union
https://www.mathunion.org <http://www.mathunion.org>

Phone:+47-92038625

--

Denise Charron