[cmath] Safeguard Science Advice in Canada-A petition to the Prime Minister

nassif nassif at math.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 27 21:23:59 EDT 2020

I signed Evidence for Democracy’s open letter calling on Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland and Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry Navdeep Bains to safeguard science advice in Canada.

Science advice plays an important role in our democracy but it is at risk during a critical time. With the current Chief Science Advisor’s term set to expire in September, and with no updates to the Office's mandate announced, the office is at risk.

Having a Chief Science Advisor to provide leadership on science advice in federal decision-making is something we fought for together and we are lucky to have this champion in Canada. I hope you’ll join me in signing the open letter today. https://evidencefordemocracy.ca/en/content/safeguard-science-advice-canada-4#newmode-embed-2315-24487?sp_ref=668857839.392.210282.e.0.2

Thank you.