[cmath] Call for proposals for special and/or "ordinary" plenary lectures at ICM 2022

Christiane Rousseau rousseac at dms.umontreal.ca
Mon Aug 17 17:21:14 EDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

Below a message from Martin Hairer, Chair of ICM 2022 Program Committee. It is a call for proposals for special lectures and / or "ordinary" plenary lectures for the next ICM to chair at pc22.mathunion.org <mailto:chair at pc22.mathunion.org>. Feel free to circulate to this call to your colleagues and/or sumbit a proposal.

> Début du message réexpédié :
>
> De: "Hairer, Martin" <m.hairer at imperial.ac.uk <mailto:m.hairer at imperial.ac.uk>>
> Objet: Special and plenary lectures at next ICM
> Date: 10 août 2020 à 14:07:26 UTC−4
> À: "Hairer, Martin" <m.hairer at imperial.ac.uk <mailto:m.hairer at imperial.ac.uk>>
>
> Dear friends and colleagues,
>
> I am writing in my capacity as chair of the next ICM's programme committee.
>
> As you may already know, ICM 2022 will feature a number of "special lectures", both at the sectional and plenary level, see last year's report of the ICM structure committee (https://bit.ly/3fKz42b <https://bit.ly/3fKz42b>). The idea is that these are lectures that differ from the traditional ICM format (author of a recent breakthrough result talking about their work). Some possibilities are
>
> • a Bourbaki-style lecture where a recent breakthrough result (or series of results) is put into a broader context,
> • a "double act" where related results are presented by two speakers,
> • a survey lecture on a subfield relevant for some recent development,
> • a lecture that doesn't fit into any of the existing sections,
> • a lecture creating new connections between different areas of mathematics,
>
> but these are not meant to be exhaustive in any way. I would like hereby to encourage you as members of the mathematics community to submit proposals for special lectures and / or "ordinary" plenary lectures for the next ICM to chair at pc22.mathunion.org <mailto:chair at pc22.mathunion.org>. The deadline for nominations is the 1st of November 2020.
>
> Please do of course feel encouraged to forward this message to your colleagues. Thank you very much in advance! We will be looking forward to hearing from you. Best wishes,
>
> Martin Hairer
>
> --
> Prof. Martin Hairer
> Chair, ICM 2022 Programme Committee

Christiane Rousseau
Département de mathématiques et de statistique
Université de Montréal
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-ville
Montréal, Qc, H3C 3J7, Canada
Tél: 514 343-7729,