[cmath] Banach Algebras and Applications 2019, July 11 - 18

Ross Stokke r.stokke at uwinnipeg.ca
Sun May 26 16:24:34 EDT 2019

This is one of a series of international conferences that take place every
second year at a different university. The tradition started back in 1974,
when the first meeting was held at UCLA. The most recent meeting took place
in Oulu in July 2017. Up until the 1993-conference (also held at the
University of Manitoba), each conference had concentrated mostly on one
special theme in classical Banach algebra theory. Since then the
conferences have broadened their scopes to include talks in applications of
Banach algebras in abstract harmonic analysis, operator algebras, and
operator theory, in addition to topics from classical Banach algebra
theory. We endeavour to follow this trend and welcome proposals for talks
from all areas of functional/harmonic analysis that can somehow be related
to Banach algebra theory. We look forward to seeing you at Banach Algebras
and Applications 2019.

Until June 1, the conference fee for employed academics is $300; after June
1 the fee is $350.  The fee for postdoctoral fellows and postgraduate
students is $120. There is no fee for retirees. For more information,
please contact the organizing committee at Banach.Algebras2019 at umanitoba.ca.

Conference website: https://server.math.umanitoba.ca/~banach2019/