[cmath] Canada’s research granting landscape

Nassif Ghoussoub nassif at math.ubc.ca
Sun Apr 23 21:39:27 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues in the mathematical sciences,

Canada’s research granting landscape is changing rapidly: CFREF,  the direct mega-funding of special initiatives via Budget 2017, the frozen Tri-council,  the Naylor report, the upcoming research mega-clusters, etc... Our community needs to be an active player and to pay close attention not only to what’s going on at NSERC, but also at the cabinet level. The following blog post written by the directors of CRM, Fields, PIMS and BIRS is a first in a series where we shall try to keep you abreast of developments at the Tri-council and elsewhere. Feel free to jump in: write, comment, suggest, criticize, but don’t take neither your grant nor your institutes for granted.

https://nghoussoub.com/2017/04/21/budget-2017-naylors-review-and-the-mathematical-sciences-in-canada/

Nassif Ghoussoub, FRSC, OC
Scientific Director, Banff International Research Station
Distinguished University Scholar and Professor of Mathematics
The University of British Columbia
http://www.birs.ca/~nassif/