[cmath] Call for Applications and Nominations for the Fields Research Fellowship

Peter Herriman pherrima at fields.utoronto.ca
Thu Aug 25 11:15:38 EDT 2016

This is a call for applications and nominations for the Fields Research Fellowship at the The Fields Institute for Research in
Mathematical Science in Toronto, Canada. This program replaces the Research Immersion Fellowship.

This fellowship provides an opportunity for a period of full-time "Research in Residence" at the Fields Institute.

Faculty members at our Principal Sponsoring Universities are invited to apply (e.g. for a period during a research leave from their
own university), or to nominate a mathematical scientist for the purpose of collaborative research.

Fellowship holders will be provided with office space, access to all Fields facilities and activities, and an allowance for living
expenses up to $3500 for each month of full-time residence. The minimum length of residence is 1 month, and the maximum length
normally 3 months. Note that faculty living in the GTA are not eligible to hold the fellowship, but may nominate external candidates
for the award.
Selection of successful candidates will be made by the Directors of the Institute, in consultation with the Scientific Advisory
Panel.

There are no restrictions on the nationality of the candidates. In accordance with our mandate, the Fields Institute encourages
applications from women and under-represented groups.

Application Procedures
1. Applications from faculty at our Principal Sponsoring Universities: please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the
Fields Research Fellowship and your proposed dates of residence. In addition, please attach a CV and a short research proposal.
2. For other applicants: please submit the same material as above, and in addition arrange for a letter of nomination and
recommendation from a faculty member at one of our Principal Sponsoring Universities.

All application materials should be sent by email to director at fields.utoronto.ca at least 3 months prior to the proposed start date.
The annual application deadlines are September 15, January 15 and May 15.

Thank you,
Peter Herriman
Communications Officer
The Fields Institute
222 College Street, 2nd Floor
Toronto ON Canada M5T 3J1
Phone 416 348 9710 ext. 3024
Fax 416 348 9714

Follow the Fields Institute on Social Media!
Twitter: @FieldsInstitute
Instagram: @fieldsinstitute
Facebook: Fields Institute
LinkedIn: The Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Science