[cmath] Fwd: Postdocin BESANCON

Volker Runde vrunde at ualberta.ca
Tue Jan 14 10:54:29 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

Please advertise the following postdoc positions in Besancon.

With best regards,
Quanhua Xu.

The ``Laboratoire de Mathématiques de Besançon'' will open two one-year
postdoctoral positions in Functional Analysis, without teaching.
Please find below two separate  announcements.

Postdoctoral position in Functional Analysis.

Duration: One year.
Beginning of contract: September/October 2014.

Job description: we are looking for a postdoctoral fellow who will work
in one of the areas of research developed in the functional analysis
team: operator spaces, operator algebras, noncommutative L_p spaces,
quantum probability and noncommutative harmonic analysis, Banach spaces,
nonlinear geometric functional analysis, functional calculus and
semigroups.
More information on our team is available here:
http://lmb.univ-fcomte.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=7

The postdoctoral fellow will participate in the activities of our
special trimester ``Geometric and noncommutative methods in functional
analysis'' (September-December 2014). For more information on this
trimester:
http://trimestres-lmb.univ-fcomte.fr/fa

The deadline for the applications is April 10th 2014. We are looking for
applicants who received their Ph.D. recently (or will receive it until
September
2014). The applications should include: a CV, a summary of your research
work and a research project.
Send your application by email to the following address:
af2014 at univ-fcomte.fr
Indicate "PostdocAF2014" in the Subject of your message.

Please write to the same address for more information.

Postdoctoral position in Functional Analysis.

Duration: One year.
Beginning of contract: September/October 2014.

Job description: we are looking for a postdoctoral fellow who will work in
one of the areas of the ANR project OSQPI (Interactions between Operator
Space Theory and Quantum Probability with Applications to Quantum
Information): operator spaces, noncommutative L_p spaces, noncommutative
harmonic analysis, quantum probability, and their applications in quantum
information). Part of the program could also be carried out at partner
institutions in Paris, Lyon, or Toulouse.

af2014 at univ-fcomte.fr
Indicate "PostdocANR" in the Subject of your message.

Please write to the same address for more information.

--
Volker Runde - Professor
Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences

Phone: 780 492 3526
Fax: 780 492 6826