[cmath] Suggestions for the LRP Implementation Committee

Walter Craig craig at math.mcmaster.ca
Wed Jun 5 22:01:55 EDT 2013

Dear friends and colleagues,

A while ago the NSERC has asked our community for suggestions for people
to be appointed to the Long Range Plan (LRP) Implementation Committee,
in its inaugural form. The procedure is to forward your suggestions to
NSERC (to Isabelle Blain I guess). As chair of the MNLC I am starting my
efforts to help this process with this e-mail to encourage all of us,
and we should ask all of our colleagues, to think of good suggestions of
people for this important implementation committee. It will have a
significant effect on the future of our research, our research funding,
and our partnerships with other academic and scientific disciplines as
well as with industry. It will furthermore serve as an avenue of
communication between our community and the NSERC. Best of luck with
your thoughts on this.

       Best regards,      Walter

PS: For a copy of /`Solutions for a Complex Age: Long Range Plan for
Mathematics & Statistical Sciences Research in Canada 2013 - 2018'/, it
can be found on the website:

    longrangeplan.ca

--
Walter Craig  FRSC