[cmath] IMA event - Canadian students encouraged to apply

Alejandro Adem adem at pims.math.ca
Fri Jun 22 17:18:07 EDT 2012

Our partners at the IMA in Minneapolis are organizing an interesting
event on mathematical entrepreneurship for graduate students. Canadian
students are encouraged to apply, see below for details.

PIMS

===========
Dear Colleague,

The IMA is offering a workshop Fostering Mathematical Entrepreneurship for
graduate students.  The idea of the 2-day workshop is to provide graduate
students an experience that will give them the confidence to create a start-up.
Students will meet entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, and learn how
companies are started, and what it takes to start them.  They will be mentored
by entrepreneurs and venture capitalists on creating business plans, and on
pitching them.  More information is available here

http://ima.umn.edu/2011-2012/SW8.1-3.12/

The deadline for application is June 30.  We will let successful applicants
know by the first week of July.

I hope you will encourage your students to apply.  We still have a few
openings.  Thanks,

Best regards,

Fadil Santosa

Director, IMA