[cmath] Medical Imaging Workshop - Toronto, ON (April 18, 2012)

Jessica St-James commsp at cms.math.ca
Wed Apr 25 10:41:11 EDT 2012

Medical Imaging Workshop

(Toronto, ON) April 18, 2012 - The Thematic Program on Inverse Problems and Imaging is hosting an Industrial Problem-Solving Workshop on Medical Imaging at the Fields Institute from August 20-24, 2012.  The workshop is generously supported by the Fields Institute and MITACS.

The event is an opportunity for mathematicians, academic and industrial experimentalists to collaborate on problems arising in the medical research field focussing on imaging.  Addressing problems from medicine and the biosciences, this workshop provides an opportunity for scholars and practitioners to foster emerging talent in the mathematical field, utilizing mathematical tools for problem solving in an interdisciplinary setting.

The workshop will be held at the Fields Institute, Toronto, bringing together Canadian and international talent.  Registration has begun, and we invite you to participate in this Canadian initiative bridging industrial and academic disciplines.  To register please visit our website:

http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/programs/scientific/11-12/inverseprob/IPSW/

Limited financial support is available; to apply for the support, please do so by May 18.

For more information please contact: C. Sean Bohun atsean.bohun at uoit.ca
%%%

C. Sean Bohun
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Faculty of Science, UOIT

email:sean.bohun at uoit.ca
web: faculty.uoit.ca/bohun
ph: 905.721.8668 ext. 3635
fx: 905.721.3304

--

Jessica St-James
Communications and Special Projects Officer

/Think before you PRINT!/
Please consider the environment.

	[cms web link] <http://cms.math.ca/>

Jessica St-James