[cmath] IMU AO CL 11/2011: Blog on Mathematical Journals (fwd)

Niky Kamran nkamran at math.mcgill.ca
Mon Nov 21 09:34:12 EST 2011

Dear Colleagues, Chers Collegues,

On behalf of the International Affairs Committee of the CMS, I am
forwarding to you a report on ranking methods for mathematical
journals, prepared by a joint working group created by the IMU and
ICIAM. A message from Martin Groetschel, the IMU Secretary, which puts
this exercise in context, in also given below.

As you will see, the IMU and ICIAM are now soliciting input from the
mathematical community on this very important issue. A "blog on
mathematical journals" has been created to that effect and contributions
are solicited from the community. The contact details are given in Martin
Groetschel's message.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Niky Kamran, on behalf of the International Affairs Committee of the CMS.