[cmath] ICIAM 2011 eNewsletter - Early April 2011

MITACS Director director at mitacs.ca
Thu Apr 7 18:12:59 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues and friends,

Spring has finally arrived here in Vancouver, boding well for great weather for the International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (or ICIAM 2011) from July 18 - 22, 2011. Don't forget to register<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=48>!

Below are several updates that I'd like to share with you.

*         All sessions for ICIAM 2011 have now been scheduled and posted on the website<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=53>:

o    Invited speakers

o   Prize speakers

o   Embedded & satellite meetings

o   Thematic minisymposia

o   Contributed minisymposia

o   Industrial minisymposia

o   Jerry Marsden Memorial Activities

*         The Association for Women in Mathematics is embedding its 40th Anniversary celebrations at ICIAM 2011 with a special program<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=4> of workshops and panel discussions.

*         We have arranged preferential rates at Vancouver hotels and hostels suitable for any budget; click here for more information<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=32>. Hotel rooms can be secured using our dedicated one-stop reservation system.

*         Sponsorship opportunities<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=50> are still available for ICIAM 2011. We would like to thank Exxon Mobile and IBM Research for their sponsorship of the Congress and the North American math institutes and societies for their sponsorship of the Opening Reception on July 17th.

*         Plan which exhibitors<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=54> you will visit during the Congress. Be sure to check back often, as exhibitors are being added frequently. There is still limited space available.

*         Space is filling up fast for the special tours and excursions<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=49> planned exclusively for Congress delegates and guests. Don't be disappointed; make sure to book your excursions now.

*         Follow the Congress on Twitter for the latest updates; @ICIAM2011

We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver!

Best wishes,

Arvind Gupta

President, ICIAM 2011

CEO & Scientific Director, MITACS