[cmath] ICIAM 2011 eNewsletter - March 2011

MITACS Director director at mitacs.ca
Fri Mar 18 20:10:10 EDT 2011

Dear friends & colleagues,
If you haven't registered for ICIAM 2011 yet, do so now<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=43&Itemid=48>! Online registration will close on June 15, 2011. Don't miss the Welcome Reception on Sunday, July 17, sponsored by the North American mathematical institutes and societies<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=50>. Registration fees include entry to the reception as well as opening and closing ceremonies.
The submission deadline for contributed posters has been extended to March 31, 2011. Approved applicants may present their research in poster format. Abstracts are being accepted in all areas consistent with the conference theme. Please find more information here<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51&Itemid=56>.
We have developed an integrated industry program<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=63>, which will spotlight the many ways in which applied mathematics is contributing to industry. The sessions should be of broad appeal to attendees, as they provide insights from a wide variety of sectors including industry, government, and not-for-profit areas.
ICIAM has negotiated preferred rates for ICIAM delegates in hotels and hostels located within convenient distance of the Vancouver Convention Centre. Options range from dormitory accommodations to large hotels with a variety of amenities. Please remember that July is high tourist season in Vancouver; therefore, we encourage you to make your hotel or hostel arrangements as early as possible to take advantage of our special, reduced rates.  See the Housing page<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=52> for details.
I also urge delegates to review Canada's visa and permit information as soon as possible. Click here<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33&Itemid=35> for a link to the information on the ICIAM website.
The Congress has arranged sightseeing trips<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=44&Itemid=49> exclusively for ICIAM attendees and their guests, ranging from city tours, rainforest walks, and day trips to Whistler Mountain and Victoria, just to name a few. The Destination: Vancouver<http://www.iciam2011.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=9> page offers important information to assist you in planning your trip to this world-class city.
We look forward to seeing you in Vancouver!

Best wishes,

Arvind Gupta

President, ICIAM 2011

CEO & Scientific Director, MITACS