[cmath] Never say never-Help wanted for the "Piece of Mind" experiment

Nassif Ghoussoub nassif at math.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 6 18:52:10 EST 2011

Dear colleagues in the mathematical sciences,

We are trying to make "Piece of Mind"  an outlet for otherwise
inaccessible information  and a forum for uncensured discussion on all
matters academic. See for example the latest on NSERC's new programs
and their potential ramifications...

http://ghoussoub.wordpress.com/

You are therefore invited to contribute because your contribution is
crucial for the continuation and success of this experiment. The forum
gets more than 500 viewers per day and many senior policy makers
already follow it. But we need more people to submit content and other
point of views. Please volunteer before I start calling (some) of you!

Here is also how you can help otherwise.

Publicize this forum through every social medium you can think of,
from Twitter and Facebook to gossip and word of mouth.
Bookmark it, or better, subscribe to it and you will get notified
whenever a new post is up.
Comment on the “Piece of Mind” posts. Be as tough as you want, but
civil. We need to know what you think.
Send us ideas for issues that warrant attention on this blog.
Help us with expertise on health research (CIHR), the social sciences
(SSHRC), and the environment.
Give us leads for informative stories, and scoops that the major media
ignores, whether by choice or not.
Alert us to embarrassing errors, typos and to missing links.

Nassif Ghoussoub,
Professor of Mathematics
The University of British Columbia

ps: I have obviously lied in my last email when I said that it was the
last time I mention the blog.