[cmath] 2010 CMS Winter Meeting, Vancouver - online registration closes on November 15

Gertrud Jeewanjee meetings at cms.math.ca
Fri Nov 12 10:10:19 EST 2010

*REMINDER:  The online registration closes on November 15.

2010 CMS Winter Meeting*
*December 4 - 6, 2010*
*Host: University of British Columbia*

The Canadian Mathematical Society <http://www.cms.math.ca/> (CMS) and
the University of British Columbia <http://www.math.ubc.ca/> invite the
mathematical community to the *2010 CMS Winter Meeting*, to be held at
the Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites in Vancouver. The program will include a
wide variety of scientific sessions and the following prize, public and
plenary speakers:

Doctoral Prize Lecture - recipient to be announced
Krieger-Nelson Prize Lecture - Lia Bronsard (McMaster)
Adrien Pouliot Award Lecture - Miroslav Lovric (McMaster)

*Public Lecture*: Ron Graham (UC-San Diego)

*Plenary Lectures*:
David Aldous (UC-Berkeley)
David Donoho (Stanford)
Sujatha Ramdorai (Tata Institute; UBC)
Peter Sarnak (Princeton)
Carl Wieman (UBC)
Tamar Ziegler (Technion)

*Related Activities:*
CMS Town Hall Meeting
NSERC Long Range Strategy Panel
NSERC Funding Focus Panel

*Student Events:*
Poster Session
Panel on hiring process
Student Social

Accommodation <http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter10/accommodation> *--
Deadline: November 15*
We have secured discounted rates at the Coast Plaza Hotel; the rates may
no longer be available after the deadline.

Travel <http://cms.math.ca/Events/winter10/travel>- Air Canada is
offering special discounts to delegates attending the CMS Winter
Meeting. The Promotion Code C4PN43M1 has to be entered during the booking.

We would like to express our gratitude to the sponsors of this Meeting:
AARMS, CRM, Fields Institute, MITACS, PIMS, University of British
Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Alberta and the
University of Victoria.

<http://www.cms.math.ca/Events/winter10/student_subsidy>We look forward
to welcoming you in Vancouver!
--